CITIZEN SCHOLAR TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR STUDENTS
1.) EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS POLICY
Registration - Classes are scheduled seasonally and new classes are added on a monthly basis. Please check our website or come by Citizen Scholar for up-to-date course information. Comprehensive course descriptions can be found online, and it is recommended that you read through them fully prior to registering. Advanced registration and payment is necessary. Instructors, class times, and class dates are subject to change. To register for a class, students must pay in full at the time of enrollment. Citizen Scholar accepts all major credit cards via PayPal. Checks may be accepted from members or with prior approval from the Education Department. To sign up after the registration deadline, please call to ensure enrollment is still open.
Withdrawals & Transfers - In the event a student must withdraw from a class, he or she may do so any time before the registration deadline of the class, and will receive a 75% refund of class cost plus any equipment or material fees. Please note that, in general, registration deadlines are 72 hours before classes. Class enrollment is nontransferable: requesting to transfer to another section of the same class is considered a withdrawal. Withdrawals on or after the class registration deadline are not refundable. A credit of enrollment fees may be issued for use within 14 calendar days on a case-by-case basis. Please give us as much advanced notice as possible for consideration. Program reservations made using Class Packs are treated in the same manner.
Material & Equipment Fees - Classes that make use of tools, materials, or supplies will most likely require additional materials fees. In some circumstances, students may also be required to purchase certain supplies on their own. This will be clearly indicated in the full online course description.
Missed Classes & Lateness - Missing the first day of a multi-session course may be grounds for withdrawal without refund. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know you are going to miss the first day of a course. Arriving more than 15 minutes late for a class may be grounds for withdrawal without refund. We cannot offer complimentary makeup sessions outside class time or in concurrent or future course sections. Instructors are not obligated to catch students up during scheduled class time for missed sessions or excessive lateness.
If We Cancel or Reschedule a Class - Most classes offered at Citizen Scholar must have a minimum of 5 students registered in order for the class to commence. In the event a course does not receive sufficient enrollment, it may be canceled. Students will be notified at least 48 hours prior to the start of the class. In the event of a cancellation, students will be refunded within 5 business days. If we reschedule a class to another date, students are also entitled to a full refund. Citizen Scholar reserves the right to change instructors without prior notification, and to change class location and meeting times by up to an hour with 48 hours prior notice.
Class Complaints - At the conclusion of every class, students will receive an emailed evaluation request. We depend upon your feedback to help us improve our course offerings. If you have any issue with a class you are currently enrolled in, please either raise your issue with the instructor at the end of the class meeting or email email@example.com. It is our general experience that most issues can be satisfactorily addressed before the course concludes. Complaint resolution may involve contacting the instructor and other students. All emailed comments will remain confidential upon request.
2.) FACILITY POLICY & PROCEDURE
The following policies are in place to ensure fair access for all members to our facilities. Failure to abide by these policies may result in termination of membership by staff.
All shop and studio space, or leased or loaned spaces where classes, events, workshops and/or programs are held, must be kept orderly and neat. If you are using shop equipment, computers, or production equipment, all must be operated with proper care. Please make sure all equipment is returned to the very same state and location as it was found. If you have any problems or questions, please notify the Citizen Scholar staff immediately.
Failure to follow specific guidelines and procedures may result in the user being held responsible for replacement cost and labor cost of damaged Citizen Scholar property.
• Attendants and teachers must check in at the front desk and receive a nametag. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave.
• All users of the Citizen Scholar facility, or leased or loaned spaces where classes, events, workshops and/or programs are held, are responsible for their own safety. Citizen Scholar will not be held liable or responsible for any injury sustained by the user.
• Citizen Scholar will maintain machines, equipment and tools in working order. If at any time you notice that machines or tools are not functioning properly, please contact the Manager directly. If the Manager is not available, please contact the Front Desk.
• When using any of Citizen Scholar’s machines, tools or facilities, the user must return items and facility to the state and location in which they were found (clean, fully assembled, in good working order).
•All material and supply deliveries must be accepted by the person placing the order. Citizen Scholar will not accept any material deliveries for Teachers, Members, or Non-Members.
Using the facility along with educational programs
• Tables marked as reserved for classes are for the exclusive use of instructors and students beginning 30 minutes prior to the start of class. A full class schedule can be obtained from the Front Desk.
• Please be considerate and refrain from excessively noisy work during classes or workshops.
• Classes will receive priority on using all equipment, materials and supplies in the facility
3.) LIABILITY WAIVER
In regard to:
• Any damage, loss, or theft incurred to personal property and/or equipment that I either bring into Citizen Scholar, or generate/create in any area of a Citizen Scholar class, workshop, or program
• Any bodily injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in any Citizen Scholar class, workshop, or program
• Any bodily injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of using any machine or equipment owned by or utilized during a Citizen Scholar class, workshop, or program,
I understand that by:
• Becoming a member of Citizen Scholar
• Participating in or teaching classes, events, and/or programs affiliated with Citizen Scholar
• Using Citizen Scholar facilities, studios, labs, shops, machines, tools, and/or supplies, or those provided by teachers representing Citizen Scholar,
I agree to take on full responsibility for any risks, damages, injuries, known or unknown, for bodily and/or personal property, which I might incur.
I also agree to voluntarily waive any claim that I, my heirs, associates, or representatives may have against Citizen Scholar, it’s instructors, staff, representatives, or owners for any damage, damages, injuries, known or unknown, incurred bodily and/or/to personal property.
I understand the use or possession of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is considered reckless endangerment and is not allowed in the shop, studios, programs, or classes of Citizen Scholar without express permission, and that I will be subject to removal from the premises by Citizen Scholar staff.
I understand that all storage of personal property, either brought in from the outside, or created at Citizen Scholar, is my exclusive responsibility, and that such said storage is gratuitous and subject to approval by Citizen Scholar management.
I understand that Citizen Scholar retains the right to revoke membership at any time, with management’s own discretion, with no refund.
4.) PHOTO RELEASE
I consent that Citizen Scholar has full and unrestricted publishing and use rights for any photographs (digital or print) taken on the Citizen Scholar property, or at a Citizen Scholar event by Citizen Scholar employees in which my image or any of my materials or art, either brought in or created/generated at Citizen Scholar, appears. I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless Citizen Scholar from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
5.) AGE VERIFICATION
Some classes, events, and/or programs at Citizen Scholar are for those over 21 years of age. I agree to provide one (1) piece of official state or government issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID or a passport to confirm identity and age to attend said classes, events, and/or programs. I hereby acknowledge that failure to provide identification will result in non-admittance to the class, event/and or program and that I will not receive a refund.
If you have any questions, please give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.